Monday, June 15, 2015
It's summer and things can get crazy! Here are some quick tips to get you in your writing zone even if it's just for 10 minutes.
1. Get to a place where you can write. Hide in a closet or go to your room. If you must, hide in your car. Lock the door.
2. Write for a minute or two about anything. Exercise those brain muscles to get in the zone.
4. If you hit a wall... Go to places you've never gone to before. Explore the limits of your imagination.
5. Break some writing rules. We all know them. Do something new and unexpected!
6. The writing is gonna be a little weird. That's okay! You're writing!
7. If you don't have any ideas, try fan fiction. Hey... 50 Shades of Gray...
8. Stay in your place for the time you've allotted. Ten minutes can fly by! Keep your butt there.
9. If you stayed and wrote, then CELEBRATE!
If you can steal ten minutes several times a day, and if you make it a plan, you might have a shiny first draft done by the end of summer!
We can do this!
How about you? Do you have any secrets to stay on track with writing during the busy months of summer? Let us know! We love hearing from you!