Monday, September 21, 2015

HAPPY NEW YEAR



In case you’re wondering, no, I haven’t completely lost it.  To me, Fall always feels like the writer’s new year. 

Picture it: you’re sitting at your computer or laptop, all snuggled up in your comfy sweater and  nestled into your favorite writing spot. A crisp breeze floats in through your window, carrying the scent of cut grass and turning leaves. You sip hot coffee or tea from your very best mug and begin outlining your shiny new NaNo project – Ahhhhhhh! It’s heaven, yes?

There is just something about this time of year that gets me in the right frame of mind for writing, whether it’s tackling that old story that just wouldn’t come together last Spring, or that sparkly new idea that’s been stalking my thoughts all Summer. Perhaps I’m romanticizing it, but how can *ALL THE IDEAS* not happen when you’re sitting on the porch in the perfectly cool air, notebook and pen in hand, scribbling out notes and drinking a decadent glass of merlot or shiraz? Just thinking about it makes my fingers itch to clack, clack, clack on the keyboard! 

I’ll be back at a project that I’m in love with but needed some time away from in order to put things into better perspective. And I don’t know if it’s the new season or not, but I’m uber excited to dive back into it.

So happy writer’s new year, everyone. May the words flow, may your characters come to life, and may your plotting be full of awesome. Huzzah!

3 comments:

  1. I'm with you, Cheryl! I can't wait for NaNoWriMo! My summer ideas are bursting at the seams!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed, there's something in the autumn air! After a busy summer I'm ready to settle in and WRITE. And, NaNoWriMo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! Yes. Yes. Yes. I want to wrap myself in a sweater, sip a Chai Tea Latte, and let the voices haunting me to be heard flow onto the page. I may have to settle on turning the AC down and grabbing a fan -but I'm all for it. Fall is my absolute favorite time of the year and I will forever now think of it as Writer's New Year. Thanks for the inspiration my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete